Thanks for thinking about investing in WORDSPORT© GAMES. We deliberately write "investing" because we believe that the return you and everyone who plays any of the some 60 games will get in fun and entertainment as well as from further literacy and numeracy development - regardless of your level at the outset - and as well as the further development of tactical and strategic thinking when the full rules are used - will yield you a great 'return on your investment'.
The WORDSPORT© GAMES Package of games helps to develop vocabulary, spelling, comprehension, oral and written articulation, reading and mathematical skills, ‘tactical’ and strategic thinking (full rules version) and even socialising skills...and increases self confidence.
Just as importantly we hope that you will get lots of fun and socialising out of playing the games. We also hope you will join a wider WORDSPORT© GAMES community and participate in 'WORDSPORT© GAMES EVENTS' or school, club, local, regional, state, national and even international tournaments...organise one yourself. Maybe go for a Guinness Record.
On a more personal note I developed this because I am passionate about the further development of literacy and numeracy - throughout our "global village." I am also keen to help to give people an opportunity to develop their own skill and knowledge levels (regardless of current levels) so they can continue to help to make constructive contributions to any community by helping to further increase literacy and numeracy levels.
That is why WORDSPORT© GAMES welcomes any enquiries from anyone who wants to be a distributor - part time or full time (you choose your own hours and days) - for this educational and recreational games pack...anywhere in the world!
If you are interested then just send us an email at email@example.com
BONUS OFFER FOR THE VIGILANT GIFT BUYER.
BUY TWENTY (20) OR MORE WORDSPORT© GAMES PACKS & GET A 50 % DISCOUNT PLUS A FREE LIMITED FIRST COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF "FRANNY SHORTER'S AMAZING DIARY" ( A RECORD OF AN 1884 VOYAGE OF MIGRATION TO COLONIAL AUSTRALIA - AN AMAZING HISTORICAL DIARY).THIS IS ALSO A LEARNING KIT. WHILE STOCKS LAST..SIGNED BY THE PUBLISHING EDITOR.
BASIC WORDCHAIN RULES & PLAY FOR BEGINNERS
When you play WORDCHAIN for the first time you are very strongly urged to begin by using just the below BASIC RULES ... regardless of your age or ability. You are also strongly urged to have a 'non player' who is the dealer and scorer. As you become more experienced and comfortable with the game a player can more easily take on the role of dealer and scorer as well as play.
The Basic Rules are:
1. THE DECK IS "CUT" (DIVIDED) BY AS MANY PLAYERS WHO WISH AND THEN RESTACKED.
2. ALL THEN TAKE A PORTION OF THE DECK AND SHOW AND RETAIN ONLY THE BOTTOM CARD TO DETERMINE THE DEALER (CLOSEST TO THE FRONT OF THE ALPHABET).
3. ALL CARDS THEN GO BACK INTO TWO DECKS ("VOWELS" AND "CONSONANTS")* AND THE DEALER SHUFFLES AND THEN DEALS TWELVE CARDS (OR AN OTHER AGREED NUMBER) TO EACH PLAYER (SIX FROM EACH DECK) AND TURNS THE NEXT CONSONANT CARD UP AND PLACES IT IN THE CENTRE AS THE STARTER CARD.
4. ALL REMAINING UNDEALT CARDS ARE STACKED FACE DOWN IN 2 DECKS FOR THE DEALER TO USE.
5. THE PLAYER TO THE LEFT OF THE DEALER FIRST TRIES TO FORM A VALID WORD AND ANNOUNCES AND SPELLS THE WORD BEFORE PLACING THE CARDS ON THE PLAYING AREA.
6. IF A VALID WORD IS FORMED THEN THE DEALER REPLACES THE CARDS USED BY A PLAYER.
7. IT IS SCORED BY COUNTING ONE POINT FOR EACH CARD (UNLESS ALL AGREE TO COUNT THE POINTS SHOWN ON THE CARDS).
8. COLOURS AND SUITS AND SEQUENCES BONUSES AND PENALTIES ARE NOT APPLIED (UNLESS ALL AGREE TO DO SO).
9. ALL CARDS IN EACH FORMED WORD EXCEPT THE LAST CARD ARE REPLACED RANDOMLY IN THE RESPECTIVE "VOWEL" (A, E, I, O, U, S, Y AND MULTICARDS) OR "CONSONANT" STACK FROM WHERE PLAYERS GET REPLACEMENT CARDS. THIS IS DONE IN WHATEVER PROPORTIONS THAT THE PLAYER NOMINATES.
10. PLAY CONTINUES AROUND THE TABLE SO ALL PLAYERS ATTEMPT A WORD AND THEN GET THE SAME NUMBER OF REPLACEMENT CARDS FROM EITHER DECK FOR THE DURATION OF THE GAME.
11. THIS CONTINUES FOR THE AGREED PERIOD, EG. FOR AN AGREED TIME OR UNTIL THE DECKS HAVE BEEN USED ONCE (IF THAT VARIANT IS ADOPTED) OR FOR AN AGREED NUMBER OF TIMES OR UNTIL A PLAYER REACHES AN AGREED SCORE, EG. 100 (OR 1,000 IF THE FULL SCORE VALUES FOR CARDS ARE COUNTED).
12. THE PLAYER WITH THE MOST POINTS WINS (OR WHO FIRST GETS TO AN AGREED SCORE).
* While the decks are characterised as VOWELS (DECK A) and CONSONANTS (DECK B) decks this is not strictly the case; 'S' and 'Y' and Multicards are in the vowels deck (DECK A) for the purposes of these games.
NOTE OF ADVICE FOR YOUR FIRST FEW GAMES
As stated in Rule 5 it is much better for the flow of the game if a player announces the word to be formed and spells it out to other players before placing cards on the playing area. This also has better learning outcomes for players.